Sunday, April 19, 2009

Going back to work Rant


So tomorrow marks a first for me,  I am going back to work and really not too excited about it. I started working  over 20 ears ago I stopped briefly when my son was born but was back at it with two years. I stopped working again 3 years ago and had become very comfortable being a homemaker. But try as I might this recession has put a stop to my homemaking dreams. I felt that if both parents worked full time who would be the parents full time?  Who's going to make dinner? Who's going make sure we don't run out of band-Aids? Or make sure everyone has clean socks? Who is going to make sure all the bills get paid?  small things I know, However These things used to be my responsibility. I think I will pretend I am my husband for the first two weeks. This is what I am most excited about, here my plan. When I get home I will Let everyone know I have worked very hard  and just need a few minutes of quiet, oh and what's for dinner? then I will plop myself on the couch, flip the TV on a put something so totally not appropriate for a 7 year old on and then wait to be called for dinner and my hot plate of food with all my extra things like a big drink, hot sauce and anything else I can think of just as my husband starts to sit down. I know us women are supposed to be happy about this whole equal roll crap. I don't like it. I enjoy not rushing around for everything all the time. I will be reporting back soon as head into the trenches of my dual roll of professional working mom and wonder woman, because apparently that's what it takes to do both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment